Thursday, January 2, 2014

Technology in the New Year

It's 6 minutes til' midnight on New years eve the other night, and my kids and my husband are glued to technology.   What is my daughter looking at?   Instagram.   Do I sit there and check on her like a hawk on her shoulder?

Hell yes.

I am getting really fed up with the screens in this house.  I will admit Sophia has been better since Christmas since she got her sewing machine and a ton of craft products.  These things have been instrumental in keeping her off her tablet for a large amount of the vacation.


Dixie makes a great foot rest minutes before the ball drops....


We resorted to every expensive and technical and flashy noise maker.   Pots and pans and a pair of old tongs.  Sagan was a fan.  My ears were not.




Sparkling Apple juice was also a big hit.
My beautiful boy slugging down his New Years treat.



So a few of my New years resolutions.   Loose weight.   Get in shape.   Get the kids off technology and into music lessons.  Make some money with my Thirty-One business.   Laugh more.  I used to laugh alot, but the stresses of life have taken their toll.   The stresses of having a kid with challenges, though sometimes it's hard to even tell because we've come so far with him, has taken it's toll.  It ages you.   Learn to hold stuff  in and not complain so much.  I'm on it.  Oh.  and get a mammogram.   Gotta get on that.


Definitely get on that.




No comments:

Post a Comment