Friday, January 3, 2014

Hibernation Station

Seriously, I am one lazy mother. even my 7 year old is more ambitious than me.

Sometimes I think I'm half bear because when it gets below a certain temperature, all I want to do is crawl under blankets and sleep.  And a massive cold snap is descending on the North East today, and we are smack in the middle of it.  Kid's had a snow day today, so we did legos, watched some TV, and just basically acted like lazy, loose, turds all day long.   Sagan is currently downstairs playing on Stu's computer and what ever game he is playing sounds like a techno rave or something.  I am too phased out to care what the hell he is doing.... he could be watching YouTube videos about Somali Pirates for all I know, I am not getting off this chair and checking.

This is why I am clearly the mother of the year.

This snow makes me want to build a pillow fort and hibernate.  I'd share with the kids, don't worry.

So I will make a list of things I SHOULD be doing right now, instead of sitting here rambling on a blog:

  • Making Biscuits.  Stu will be home any minute, and dinner isn't half ready.  Smells good though, thank you Mr. slow cooker.
  • Hocking my Thirty-One.   I really have to get on the horn, email and facebook and start promoting my business more.  But it makes me feel pushy and desperate, so I don't.   I guess I think customers are magically going to come to me.   So far I've had luck with that, but it's slowing down.  Maybe I'll get on that this weekend.
  • Bathing my children.   I'm pretty sure they need to shower.   I''ll save it for later.   That way Sagan can do my favorite thing in the world, flood my bathroom with his action figures filled with water.  
  • Cut the Guinea Pigs Nails.   That little critter needs his talons chopped.   He is starting to resemble those cray cray ladies on "My Strange Obsession" who never cut their nails.   Who knew how fast a GPs nails grew.  I guess I am an unfit pet owner.  I probably shouldn't have had kids either because I don't think I've cut their toenails since 2009.
  • Clean out my Car.   Ut-uh.  No way.  It's 5 below zero, my snot will freeze to my face.  It's bad enough I went out there to get my Ice Tea out of the car and it was basically a shot put.  I am not going out there again.
  • Sew with Sophia.  We have some sewing to do for gifts and I am too lazy to lift the sewing machine onto the table and thread the bobbin.  We'll get on that tomorrow.  Maybe.
  • Read the manual For my New Camera.  Yeah I'll get to it.  Right now, the "auto" setting is fine.  But I really should learn how to use it more efficiently.
  • Give Brian a Bath.  My dog has had a small knot due to Sagan sticking a tiny drop of chewing gum on his head for abotu 6 months now.  When ever I pet him, I feel this tiny, gooey bump on him and it drives me nuts.   He needs a good grooming to be honest.  Maybe I'll hire someone to do it.  Probably a better idea or he may be bald by the time I am done with him.
  • Get off the Computer.   yeah I think I will.   This is probably the one thing I don't mind doing in my lazy state.   I'll move to the chair, and think about those biscuits.....








No comments:

Post a Comment